Manufacturing and distribution has become more demanding and complex. As consumer demands increase, so do the need for operations to run more productively, efficiently and safely.
In the past, companies avoided automating their systems for multiple reasons. The biggest concern was always cost. While most operational cost have increased, automation costs have actually decreased for the most part, or at least remain steady.
If you are looking to update your current facility and operation or building an entirely new one, considered the following reasons for choosing to automate:
- Labor Shortage – With national unemployment at a decade low, many companies face the trouble of finding workers for their labor positions. The job market continues to power ahead with job creation strong across the United States. The mounting labor shortages are bound to only get worse. Proper automation can help mitigate the stark increase in labor needs.
- Operational Costs – Mentioned above, operational costs continue to rise while automation processing does not. Automation, whether it be robotics, sortation conveyor systems, pick and place packing, AGVs, ASRS or many other applications we offer, they can all reduce costs for almost everything you do in your operation.
- Productivity – Automation allows you to increase shifts. 24 hour shifts allow companies to meet demands. No need for shift layovers or breaks. If you need to meet per-day or per-minute quotas, automation allows can help you to guarantee that.
- Inventory Control – With a known production rate, you can control the amount of inventory you need to store, produce and ship. Automation can also limit the amount of damaged inventory also.
- Safety – Automation robotics and ergonomic lifting devices allows workers to work smarter and safer, creating less work place injuries by taking over the more dangerous task in your operations. Physical labor is greatly decreased with automation removing injuries consistent with lifting, carrying and moving heavy loads.
- Customization – Most likely your operation is unique, which requires a unique systems solution to best suit your needs. Whether you need a custom conveyor system, automated storage and retrieval system, picking and packing solutions or anything else, we specialize in making a system works best to achieve your desired output.
- Space – Think you need to expand your warehouse or even build another one? Automation can save you space that you thought you didn’t have.
- Data Collection –Automation especially tied in with automation software can give you a big edge in getting better insights into your operations. Get real time updates on production in the palm of your hand.
- Environmentally Friendly – Use less land for your operations. Automation like we said earlier, can save you space. It also helps immensely with energy consumption and other issues like waste production.
- Efficiency – Lastly and maybe most importantly, become a more efficient business. Efficiency is key in every aspect of your business. Automating your operations will increase production, limit the need for labor positions that are very hard to fill and allow you to operate around the clock.
Are you ready to speak with one of our automation experts? Contact us below!